New Feature STXI Motion System with Rockwell Automation
The softMC multi-axis robotic motion controller now communicates with Rockwell Automation’s Studio 5000® software. The two environments can exchange messages directly using EtherNet/IP communication protocol. While the Rockwell Automation machine controllers and Studio 5000 software manage and monitor the workcell performance, the Servotronix softMC motion controller controls auxiliary axes and electromechanical motion systems, by sending EtherNet/IP motion messages over CANopen or EtherCAT networks.
- Control of single and multi-axis motion tasks with Add-On Instructions (AOIs) for the Rockwell Automation ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs
- Streamlined programming and execution of the motion function block within the workcell
- A flexible, modular, motion control solution with extended robotics capabilities
- Seamless integration into systems based on Rockwell Automation architecture and PLCs
- Complete, cost-saving motion systems with drive-motor bundles or electromechanical solutions
- Additional digital I/Os – 11 inputs/6 outputs on CDHD servo drives, 4 inputs/2 outputs on stepIM integrated motors
Add-on instructions (AOI)
Micro800™ control system
BLDC rotary and linear motors
Robotic systems up to 6 axes
A centralized solution uses the softMC as a motion controller for applications performed by synchronized axes, such as delta, cartesian, or gantry robots.
A decentralized solution uses the softMC primarily as a gateway to the Allen‑Bradley PLC. The service axes perform flexible, automated application tasks.
The integrated STXI Motion and Rockwell Automation systems are supported by Rockwell Automation CompactLogix and ControlLogix PLCs using Studio 5000 versions 32.01, 31.01, 30.02, 28.03, 24.02, and 20.05.
Use the Studio 5000 design environment to program, configure, and maintain your system.
Add On Instructions
STXI Motion provides Add-On Instructions (AOIs) to give integrators a simple way to interface the control systems with the robotic and motion devices. The name format is similar to other Rockwell AOIs. Sample programs are also available.
softMC_Comms softMC communications per axis
softMC_MSO Motion servo on
softMC_MSF Motion servo off
softMC_MAFR Motion axis fault reset
softMC_MAS Motion axis stop
softMC_MAH Motion axis home
softMC_MAJ Motion axis jog
softMC_MAM Motion axis move in either absolute or incremental
softMC_RD_IN Read axis input (up to 11 inputs)
softMC_WRT_OUT Write axis output (up to 6 output)
softMC_TASK_Load Load softMC task
softMC_TASK_Start Start softMC task
softMC_TASK_Kill Kill softMC task
softMC_RD_PAR Read controller parameter
softMC_WRT_PAR Write controller parameter
softMC_RES Reset all axes